Samsung released the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone right after the release of the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Both of the smartphones looks almost similar in most aspects, except the camera and the software part. There is no way you can get the dual camera from the Note 8 on your Galaxy S8/S8+, but software part has been already ported to the Galaxy S8 and S8+ by some developer on XDA-Developer.
All the Galaxy Note 8 features are a part of the custom ROM which needs to be flashed on the smartphone via custom recovery. This custom ROM supports most of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ variants; you can still check the model number if you want; G95x-G993x. If your phone is the same model number as the provided model number, then make sure to read the important things before flashing the custom ROM.
Features of the Renovate Ice ROM
- Knox will reset to 0x0 when booted
- Optimized and improved battery performance
- Device status will set to official
- Customizable AROMA installer with option to remove Knox
- Five-way reboot menu will be added
- Added Applock, LED notifications, outdoor mode to settings
- Screen recorder shortcut will be added to the quick settings tile.
Getting the smartphone ready
- Firstly, your Galaxy S8 should be rooted, and a custom recovery should be installed before.
- Your phone should be charged to at least 70% of the big battery.
- Your phone should have one of these model numbers; G95xF/FD/N and G93xF/FD/N.
- Rooting or installing custom ROM voids the smartphone’s warranty so do it at your own risk.
- Do not try this procedure on other Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphone.
Steps to install the custom ROM on Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Download the custom ROM from the page here.
- Move the custom ROM zip file to the smartphone via USB cable.
- Boot your smartphone to the recovery mode (you should know how if your phone have the custom recovery installed).
- Create a full backup of the previously installed or stock ROM via the Backup option.
- Now, wipe the system memory by using the Wipe option.
- Finally, install the custom ROM via the Install option in the custom recovery.
- Once all done, reboot the smartphone to the normal mode.
Now, your phone will boot to the newly installed custom ROM instead of the previously installed ROM. You have to go through all the setup process as a new device but all your data will be there as you left it. If you want to go back to the previous ROM then just restore the backup you just created in the custom recovery.