Google Pixel smartphones are the perfect Android smartphones ever made after the Nexus smartphones, but since Google stop supporting the Nexus smartphones, there are no improvements provided to them. Pixel 2 smartphone got in the spotlight for its excellent camera features like the portrait mode and the AR stickers built right into the camera app. Well, getting this features on the Nexus 5X, 6P and Pixel/ Pixel XL is just an apk sideload away.
You just have to sideload on your smartphone without altering or rooting your Nexus smartphone. The apk you install will remove the Lens-blur mode in the camera menu with the Portrait mode, and you will be able to use it as always. There is a little thing to know about this mod; you will be only able to get the portrait effect on faces just and not on objects. If the camera doesn’t see a face, the portrait mode won’t work till then.
Steps to get the Portrait mode on Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P
- Go to Settings > Security > check the Unknown Resources checkbox (tap OK on pop up message).
- Now open file manager app of your choice and navigate to the apk files you downloaded.
- Now tap on the “camera_nx_v7.3_ZSL_chromloop.com.apk” and install it on your phone.
- It is done for you if you only want the portrait mode on your phone.
- To get the AR stickers and features, just install the AR Core and AR Stickers apk on your phone using the same method.
The AR Core and AR Sticker features are a little buggy so do not attempt to install them if you are ready for it. The portrait mode works perfectly without any problem, and there are no bugs found in this feature. If you have any queries, then make sure to leave them in the comment section.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.