OnePlus 5T does not only come with a design overhaul but also a new edition called the Star Wars: The Last Jedi edition. And if you are a real fan of Star Wars then you might have gotten it by now, if not then there is a little trick to get that limited edition theme on your regular OnePlus 5T. As you know that the Star Wars limited edition OnePus 5T is not available in every country, so you need to change the location of your OnePlus 5T to Indian version.
Don’t worry, this change won’t affect your smartphone’s functionality, and you can use your device generally as before. You will get the Star Wars themed widgets and the exclusive theme of the exclusive edition. There are two methods for doing this, one of them is risk-free and secure, and other one needs root, and you might need to root your OnePlus 5T for that method.
Files you need
Here is the downloadable wallpapers pack of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi. You can download them and set them as your wallpaper if you don’t want to alter your device or you just own a different device. These wallpapers are in an 18:9 ratio but it might on other devices too!
The first method includes changing the device’s country to Indian edition using the dialer app. Here follow the steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Default > Home app, here you have to select the OnePlus Launcher as your default home launcher if you are using a third party launcher. If you are not using any third party launcher, then skip this step and move to step number 2.
- Now open the Dialer app and enter the following code *#*#9339#*#* (do not press dial button).
- You will see a message saying that your smartphone is now an Indian Edition.
- Reboot your phone after and you will get all the exclusive Star Wars content on your OnePlus 5T.
Try this way if the above method is not working for you but so that you know, this method includes the rooting of the smartphone. Only try this method if you know about rooting much and there is a rooting guide for OnePlus 5T here.
- First, you need to install the Terminal Emulator for Android app from the Play Store.
- Once done, launch it and enter these commands one by one.
echo 2 > /sys/module/param_read_write/parameters/cust_flag
- Now, reboot your smartphone, and you will get all the Star Wars goodies on your regular OnePlus 5T.
There you go! Now you have the Star Wars edition OnePlus 5 with you, without spending a single penny. But make sure any method you choose, the changes might get reset after installing any OTA updates, and you have to repeat the process. And if you have any queries about this process then share them in the comments.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.