Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 recently got the MIUI 9.2 update from Xiaomi, but the ROM is still based on the Android 7.1 Nougat which is a bit outdated operating system. Xiaomi always takes very long to deliver latest updates on time on the smartphones, and the Redmi Note 4 is no exception. Xiaomi hasn’t confirmed the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update, and according to the Android 7.1 Nougat update speed, the next update is nowhere to see, and there is nothing much you can do except for waiting.
If Xiaomi is not providing updates, then we have to divert our ways to the custom ROMs. A developer on XDADevelopers created a custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo which comes with the Google Pixel smartphone features and user interface. The custom ROM will give you the stock Android 8.1 Oreo features but don’t worry, unlike Xiaomi, this developer will provide you with the latest updates on this custom ROM.
What do you need?
- If you bought your Redmi Note 4 brand new recently then maybe make your mind before installing a custom ROM on your smartphone because it will void your smartphone’s warranty.
- Make sure that your smartphone is running the latest version of TWRP to flash this custom ROM.
- Before going to the steps, charge your smartphone to at least 80 percent.
- Also, create a backup of all your valuable data before flashing the custom ROM.
Steps to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Download the Pixel Experience custom ROM from here and move the zip file to your smartphone’s internal memory.
- Now, reboot your smartphone to recovery mode.
- Use the Wipe option to wipe the system and cache to get the phone ready for flashing.
- Use the Install option now and select the zip file to flash on the system.
- Once installed successfully, tap on Reboot to System to reboot your smartphone.
Your smartphone will boot to the custom ROM now; it might take some time but do not try to press any key during the first boot. When you see the welcome screen, just follow the setup steps on the screen to set up your smartphone. For more guides and news, follow out social media pages.