Motorola is unwise with the users by not giving them the latest Android version as promised. Most of the Motorola smartphones from the budget to mid-range are still running the Android 7.1 Nougat OS while even the budget smartphones are coming with Android 8.1 Oreo preinstalled. So, to get the Motorola smartphones back on track with the latest Android version. Here is a custom ROM guide which will help you install the latest version of Android on your Moto G5 Plus.
This Arrow custom ROM will update your smartphone to Android 9 Pie. Before proceeding any further, please make sure to read the precautions first.
- Installing a custom ROM will void the smartphone’s warranty so do it at your own risk.
- Your smartphone should have an unlocked the bootloader, and a TWRP custom recovery should be installed.
- Your smartphone should be charged to more than 70 percent.
- Make sure to backup all of your data before the installation so you won’t lose the critical data.
Steps to install the Android 9 Pie on Moto G5 Plus
- Download the Android 9 Pie custom ROM and the Gapps zip file.
- Now, move both of the zip files on your smartphone.
- Reboot your smartphone into the recovery mode, in this case, TWRP custom recovery is recommended.
- Choose the Wipe option and confirm to wipe the system.
- After that, use the Install option to install the custom ROM zip file.
- Flash the Google apps zip file after the installation.
- Reboot to the system after the installation is successful.
Your smartphone will boot to the Arrow OS which is based on Android 9 Pie, and you will get all the stock Android 9 Pie features. If you have any questions regarding the installation or you find any bug then do tell us in comments.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.