Xiaomi has released the most affordable smartphone in India which comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and up to 8GB of RAM which is impressive. The smartphone is perfect in all aspect, whether it is the processor, the RAM or the GPU except for one thing; optimized software. Software optimization plays an essential role in gaming performance in a smartphone, the Poco F1 comes with Android 8.1 Oreo installed layered with MIUI.
The MIUI 10 is not optimized to drive the best gaming performance from the Snapdragon 845 so here is a little trick to improve the performance to a notch. You can install stock Android 9 pie based custom ROM on your phone, and it will provide the faithful performance of the Snapdragon 845 processor in Poco F1. The guide is small and straightforward but before that, read the precautions list.
- Your smartphone will lose warranty if you unlock the bootloader or install a custom ROM on it. You can gain the assurance back by flashing the stock firmware later.
- The smartphone should have installed with the TWRP custom recovery, and you should know your way around the recoveries to flash a custom ROM.
- The smartphone should be charged to at least 70 percent battery to get through the installation.
- Create a backup of all the data you have stored on your phone so that you won’t lose it in the process.
- The installation files provided here are only supported for the Poco F1 smartphone just.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Poco F1
- Download the Android 9 Pie custom ROM and move the zip file on your smartphone.
- Now, reboot the smartphone to the TWRP custom recovery mode.
- First, wipe the system using the Wipe option.
- Then, flash the custom ROM zip file using the Install option.
- Once the installation completed, tap on Reboot to System button to reboot the smartphone.
Once the smartphone reaches the welcome screen, this means that the installation is successful. All you need to do is set up your smartphone using your Google account. Also, share this article on your social media, and while you are there, visit our social media pages and follow them for cool tutorials like this.