OnePlus 2 is still a flagship for those who own it but OnePlus is not working to keep it updated. Some developer on XDA Developers just ported a build of Lineage OS 15 for the beloved OnePlus 2. If you want to update your OnePlus 2 to Android 8.0 Oreo then follow this simple guide and get ready to make your OnePlus 2 flagship again.
- This guide will tell you to install a custom ROM on OnePlus 2 only, do not attempt this installation on any other OnePlus variant because it might damage the device.
- Installation of custom ROM is risky and can damage the saved data. So it is better to save the saved data to a safe place. After installation, you can move back all the data on your PC.
- The custom ROM is a custom firmware, Google has nothing to do with this and neither do the manufacturers. So, after installing the custom ROM on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
- The smartphone must be rooted and TWRP custom recovery should be installed, if you know basic of recoveries then you can easily follow the steps.
- If your phone goes into a boot loop or any other issue then you can get your phone back by installing the stock ROM into it.
- You need to charge your smartphone above 70% to prevent shut down right in between the installation processes.
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 2
- Download the Lineage custom ROM zip file and Gapps zip file, move it to your smartphone’s internal memory.
- Now, reboot your smartphone to the TWRP recovery mode. If you have any other custom Recovery installed on the smartphone then remove it and install TWRP custom recovery.
- In recovery mode, tap on Backup options and confirm to backup previously installed ROM.
- After the backup completes, tap on Install and select the custom ROM file.
- Now repeat the step for installing the Gapps zip file same as custom ROM.
- Once both done, tap on Reboot > System, to reboot the phone.
You will see a new custom boot animation which means that the custom ROM has been installed successfully.
The custom ROM might come with bugs so you should be extra careful while installing the custom ROM. Also, do not use any other feature of the custom recovery, it may damage the smartphone. If you want to ask anything about the installation instructions then you can share the questions here, we will try to get back ASAP.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.