Android 8.0 Oreo just landed on Google Pixel by Verizon via OTA update and some manufactureres like Sony, HTC and Samsung already promised this update for their smartphones. But you know what to expect from Xiaomi who recently provided the Android 7.1 Nougat update to only its recently released smartphones.
Android Oreo’s source code already released and developers are ready with their coding skills to make it into custom ROM for outdated smartphones. These outdated smartphones might not be getting the official Android 8.0 Oreo update. This official update will give the Redmi Note 3 Pro a vanilla Android Oreo update.
- This is a custom ROM so you should know that your phone’s warranty will be void.
- The internal storage of the smartphone wil get wiped during the installation, make sure to create a backup of all th eimportant data from th ephone.
- The smartphone should be rooted and running TWRP custom recovery before proceeding any further.
- Charge your phone to more than 70 percent before starting the installtion process.
- This installtion process and custom ROM files are for only the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Trying to flash these files on other smartphone might brick that smartphone.
The bugs of this AOSP Oreo ROM
This custom ROM is still in early stages but there will definitely be some updates in future which will fix these bugs. But for now, you need to know about these bugs which are going ot bother you after the installtion.
- Hotspot is not working
- You cannot use USB tether to use the phone’s cellular internet on PC
- VoLTE support will not be there so you would not be able to call over 4G connectivity
- Fingerint sensor might not be working after the installtion
- Netflix app is force clisong but you can play all the shows on browser.
These bugs are not major, you can work around these bugs in my opinion. The main features like RIL, camera, GPS and Wi-Fi is working.
Steps to Install AOSP Oreo on Redmi Note 3 Pro
- Download the AOSP Oreo custom ROM from this page here.
- Move the custom ROM in your smartphone’s internal memory.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot it to the recovery mode.
- In recovery, clear the system using the Wipe option.
- Now, use the Install option to install the custon OS zip fle.
- After full installtion of the software, reboot he system.
- Your phone will boot into the Android Oreo.
There is no need to install the Google apps because the Google Apps are already inside the custom ROM, you will see a welcome screen on the smartphone. If you fond any difficulty installing this custom ROM on your smartphone, you can share your queries in the comment secion below.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.