Xiaomi’s MIUI is simple and sleek but it does’t comes with all the benifits of the stock Android OS like the split screen view or PIP mode. So, if you own the Xiaomi Mi 5S or the Mi 5S Plus then you can now install Android 8.0 Oreo on it. Read further to know how you can do it, follow the instructions properly and read the precautions before.
- Your smartphone’s warranty is now void, you can get it back but it is a very long process but its free so you can try.
- The custom ROM comes with some glitches (not everytime) so you should be ready for those glitches or find any workaround for it.
- The smartphone should be rooted and TWRP custom recovery should be installed on the phone before proceeding any further.
- Do not try to install this custom ROM on any other Xiaomi variant. This cusrom ROm files and the process works only on the Xiaomi Mi 5S and Mi 5S Plus.
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5S and Mi 5S Plus
- Downoad the custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5S or Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus and the Google apps ziop file.
- Move the two zip files inside your smartphone’s internal memory, not inside any folder.
- Now reboot your smartphone to the recovery mode. You can do that by turning off the smartphone and turning it on by pressing and holding down the volume up and power button.
- Once in recovery mode, wipe the system memory using the wipe option.
- Now, install the appropriate zip file using the Install option, also install the Google apps zip file along with the custom ROM.
- Once both installed sucessfully, you cann reboot the smartphone like normal mqde.
The custom ROM is smooth and lag free, there will be all the Android 8.0 Oreo options. All you have to do is enjoy the latest update with all ther featrures If you want to know about the PIP mode and faster fingerprint If you want to reach us then use the social areas where we exist and share your thoughts aboout the custom ROM and the device