Most of the Huawei smartphones are coming out with Android 8.0 Oreo preinstalled but layered with EMUI. This EMUI is a custom UI from Huawei which slows down the smartphone a lot and comes with lots of bloatware which stressed the CPU and compelling hardware let down by some non-optimized user interface. But there is a way of getting the stock Android UI on your smartphone without even rooting your smartphone, want to know how? Let’s find out in the guide below.
Precaution and Things to Remember
- Make sure to create a backup of your important data before, this process won’t wipe the storage but do it to be on the safe side.
- You won’t need to root or install a custom recovery for this installation but you need to unlock the bootloader f your smartphone though.
- Installing a custom ROM will void your warranty so do it at your own risk.
Steps to install Android 8.1 Oreo to Honor View 10, Mate 10 and Mate 10 pro
- Download the adb zip file from here on your PC and unzip it on the desktop, after unzipping, copy the folder path from the “File Explorer.”
- Now download the system image file from here, rename it to “system” and move it to the adb files you just extracted.
- Open an elevated command prompt and type in “cd (paste here the adb folder path)” and hit Enter.
- After that connect your smartphone to the PC and enter the command “adb reboot bootloader.”
- Once phone will boot to the bootloader mode, type the below command “fastboot flash system system.img.”
- Now watch and relax, you might be asked for cleaning the cache and data, confirm the action by clicking the power button once.
Once the system is flashed, execute the “fast reboot,” and this will reboot your smartphone normally. The smartphone might show some bootloops but don’t worry about it, let it happen. Your smartphone will boot to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS with vanilla/ Google Pixel 2 experience.