OnePlus 5 recently received the Android 8.0 Oreo update as the Oxygen OS 5.1. But as you know that Google left a lot of features in Android 8.0 Oreo which was expected. Google added those left behind features and released a new version of Android as Android 8.1 Oreo. There are lots of fixes and some features on the latest update which you will find interesting. The good news is that you can get all these new toppings (features) on your OnePlus 5 with Lineage OS 15.1.
Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- You can now see how much power is left on your Bluetooth device once it is connected to your smartphone. You will see a battery icon with the Bluetooth icon in the notification bar.
- The browsers will now detect the malicious websites and protect the device from malware.
- You can now enable the option to fingerprint sensor to get disabled once any unregistered fingerprint is detected.
Now, you know the new features of Android 8.1 Nougat, you might want in on your OnePlus 5. But, first, there are some requirements which you need to fulfill check them out below.
- Your smartphone must be rooted, and a custom recovery should be installed.
- The smartphone should be charged enough to get through the installation process.
- Be cautious and backup all your data and create a backup on your previous ROM in the Recovery menu first.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 and the GApps zip files.
- Move both of the zip files to the internal SD card.
- Reboot your phone to the recovery mode.
- Install the Lineage OS and GApps file and reboot the phone.
Let the phone boot up correctly and do not use it during the process. You will see the setup screen on your phone if the cutom ROM is appropriately installed. There you go! Now you have the latest smartphone yet; even all Google devices haven’t got this update yet. Have fun with the new OS and do not forget to share the article on your social media to spread the tech love.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.