LG recently released the LG G6 with what they call is a Full Vision display and more brands are getting inspired from almost bezel less deisgn. Samsung also released an almost bezel less smartphone Galaxy S8 after the release of LG G6. LG G6 comes with Android 7.1 Nougat running with the LG UX on to it which amost no one like.
Every other person want to get the best of their smartphone hardware but brands usually limit their smartphones performanc eby adding their proprietry UI. But there are some develoeprs out there helping us by creating custom ROMs based on pure stock Android experience. Resurrection Remix is one of them serving smartphone fro a long time. So if you also want to transform your LG G6 into an almost bezel less Nexus smartphone then go furhter.
- A PC, it is opional but recommended
- Your LG G6 rooted and a custom recovery installed
- A data cable
- A lot of patience
Things to do
- Charge your phone to 80% battery so you can install custom ROM without worrying about phone geting off during installation.
- Unlock the bootloader of your smartphone and install a custom recovery.
- Create a backup of all your important data saved in the phone, well it is not going anywhere but there are chances.
Things not to do
- Do not try to insall this custom ROM on other smartphones, it might damage that smart phone.
- Do not try to push any kind of button and put it on charge while installing the custom ROM.
- Also do not touch any other setting in the custom recovery untill you know what you are doing or it amy damae your device or destroy the data you have saved on your phone.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on LG G6
- Download the custom ROM and Google apps, move both of the zip file on your smartphone.
- Reboot your smartphone to recovery mode, there are lots of apps on play store about this to help you.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe option and wipe down the smartphone.
- Come back to main menu and tap Install > Select the ROM zip fle and swipe to install.
- After installtion you have to install Google apps just like the custom ROM installtion.
If you are a person who wanted to get the stock Android 7.1 Nougat ecperienc on their LG G6. Well it is unofficial build of RR ROM and still in Alpha mode but it will do the trick properly. The first bootup will take a lot of time and you can watch movies or listen to music while the phone startd to setup.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.