Android 8.0 Oreo has been revealed and Google demasked the Android Oreo mascot which looks super amazing. So, if you were are of this release and you already installed it on your Pixel XL then you might be waiting for the root. No more waiting, it’s here guys, you can now root your Google Pixel XL running Android 8.0 Oreo. Follow the steps but read the precautions before moving further.
- If you have important files on your smartphone then make sure to create a backup of those files. Rooting is a risky method and you will lose all your data in the process.
- After rooting your phone, the warranty will be void but you can un-root your phone anytime by flashing the stock firmware. Keep the stock firmware ready just in case and also the tutorial on how to install it.
- Your phone might go into boot loops, stay calm and flash the stock firmware as I suggested in the previous precaution.
- This guide is to root Pixel XL running Android 8.0 Oreo only, do not try it on any other smartphone or Google Pixel variant.
What you need
- You obviously need your Google Pixel XL running Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Enable USB Debugging on Pixel XL, go to Settings > About Phone > tap Build Number 7 times. Back to Settings > Developers options > enable USB Debugging.
- Your PC should be connected to PC and has adb drivers installed.
- Download the platform tools zip file and extract it on your PCs desktop.
Steps to Root Pixel XL running Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download these files: modded TWRP, SuperSU, SuperSU Config and SuHide.
- Rename the modded TWRP img file to TWRPOREO.img and move it to the platform tools folder.
- All other three zip files; SuperSU, SuperSU Config and SuHide to your smartphone’s internal memory root directory.
- Right click while holding the Shift key inside the platform tools folder and select open command window here.
- Connect your Pixel XL to the PC and enter the command in the termail window; “adb reboot bootloader” without quotes.
- After the command, your phone will reboot. when your phone is in bootloader mode enter the command “fastboot boot TWRPOREO.img“.
- When your phone boots into TWRP recovery, tap on Install and select SuperSuconfigzip file and then add SuperSU zip file.
- In the AROMA installer choose Systemless SBIN. But for all other options choose, let SuperSU decide.
- Reboot your phone to the system.
- Repeat the steps #5 and #6 and when in TWRP recovery, install the SuHide zip file this time.
That’s it! everything is done now and after you will reboot your Pixel XL to the system, your phone is rooted. You can fulfill all your desires now or check the root status using any root checker app. If you find any difficulty at any steps, feel free to reach us in the comments or use any social media option available.