Google released the second generation of it’s Pixel series smartphone with the best rated camera on a smartphone yet (again). Well, Google Pixel 2 is already the amazing and most powerful Android smartphone yet, but how about making it more awesome. You guessed it right, by rooting it and unlocking the boot loader. Here are the steps which you need to follow to easily unlock the boot loader and root Google Pixel 2.
- Rooting any Android smartphones or unlocking the boot loader voids the smartphones warranty which includes your Pixel 2 too. So, be ready for that.
- Rooting leave your smartphone vulnerable to viruses and malware attacks, so do not install any app without knowing about it everything.
- This rooting process is only for the Pixel 2 only, do not try this on other smartphone. Not even on Pixel 2 XL because both are very different smartphones.
- Some security related apps will refuse to work which includes sensitive information like bank details and passwords like banking apps and antivirus.
- Your phone should be charged for more than 80 percent because rooting might take a while and you cannot poke your phone during the process because it might mess the phone up.
- Make sure that you have created a full backup of your smartphone because unlocking boot loader will erase your phone memory and rest the smartphone to factory state.
- Make sure that you have enabled the USB Debugging option from the Developers menu. to enable this option, got to Settings > About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times. Now you will see a Developers Menu in settings, just enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlocking options from inside this menu.
- Make sure that drivers are installed on your laptop for your smartphone or your smartphone won’t get detected on the toolkit.
Steps to Root Google Pixel 2
- Download the Toolkit from here and launch it on your computer.
- Now turn your phone off and boot it into the boot loader mode by pressing and holding the Volume down and power button together.
- Once your phone boots into the boot loader mode, connect it to the computer via USB cable.
- Now you are all set, first unlock the boot loader using the option from the toolkit menu then root it using the root option.
Make sure to give the toolkit all the time it needs and do not poke or disconnect the phone during the process.
There you go, you have root Google Pixel 2 for yourself using the toolkit made by some developer on XDA Developers. Feel free to help him by purchasing the Pro version of this toolkit if it helps you in any way. And for queries, the comment section is always open.