Honor 7X just has been released, and the rooting guide already is out so if you are planning to buy it then it a great idea. The rooting guide is correctly working, and you can easily install a custom recovery on your phone after rooting it. You can add a lot of customization; you can even install a custom ROM after getting your Honor 7X rooted. So, here is a simple guide which let you root your brand new Honor 7X.
The rooting process is a risky thing to do with your smartphone, and it may void your smartphone’s warranty. During the process, the internal memory will get wiped so make sure that you created a backup for all the important data. Also, make sure that your smartphone has enough battery to go through all the rooting process.
Get your Unlock Code from Huawei website
- Go to the Huawei website and sign up there.
- Once logged in to the account, go to Downloads > Unlock Bootloader.
- Enter your Honor 7X’s S/N, IMEI, product code and model number.
- You will get your phone’s unlock code at the bottom of the page.
Get your Honor 7X ready
- Unlock your Honor 7X and go to Settings > About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Go back to Settings > Developer options and check Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging options.
Unlocking the Bootloader
- Download the adb zip file and extract it to your desktop.
- Now, right click the start menu button and select Command Prompt(Admin).
- Execute this command on the command window one by one
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone reboots to the bootloader mode execute this command, change the <unlock code> with the code which you get from the Huawei website.
fastboot oem unlock <unlock code>
- Now, you have to follow the instructions on your smartphone.
Your smartphone will get reboot after wiping the internal memory, and you have to setup your phone again.
Rooting the Honor 7X
Download the TWRP and move both it to the adb folder (created while unlocking the bootloader). Download SuperSu zip file and move it to the smartphone’s internal memory. Now, get your phone ready again, enable developer options and OEM unlocking.
- Connect your phone to the computer and on the same command window, execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots, execute this command
fastboot flash recovery twrp_Honor_7x.img
- Once done, type fastboot reboot recovery and press enter.
- You will reach the recovery menu, swipe to allow modifications.
- Now tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip files.
- Swipe to confirm flash and then reboot the phone.
Your Honor 7X will reboot normally and you can now enjoy the root access by installing an app like Adblock or System app remover. If you have any questions about the rooting process, then share them in the comments.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.