OnePlus 5T is the most powerful smartphone right now in the smartphone market with the most potent and high-end hardware. But there is nothing much to do with all that power because Android has not much to do with all that power. Unless you root the device, after rooting the Android smartphone, there will be a lot of things to do and a lot of customization to unlock which needs a lot of hardware power. Here we have a step by step guide which will help you to root OnePlus 5T.
- Rooting is an informal process, and your smartphone might lose the warranty, and you can’t claim it after that.
- You need to download these files which you need during the rooting process
1. ADB zip file
2. TWRP custom recovery file
- Create a backup of all the data you have on your smartphone because it will get all deleted while unlocking the bootloader.
- Make sure to update your OnePlus 5T up to all the OTA updates till date or the root doesn’t work.
Step to unlock OnePlus 5T bootloader
- Unlock your phone and go to Settings > About Phone then Tap on Build number seven times. Now come back to the settings menu, go to Developer options and enable these two options; USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Now, download the ADB zip file and unzip it on the desktop. Also, move the custom recovery file to the ADB folder and rename it to “recovery” without quotes.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt(Admin), connect your smartphone to the PC and execute the following commands(remove all quotes) one by one.
cd “the location of the ADB folder”
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot after the second command, and it will boot up with bootloader menu.
- Now, execute the following command
fastboot oem unlock
- After completing this command, you will see a warning on your smartphone, just use the volume key to highlight yes option and press power button once.
- The smartphone will wipe the data, unlock the bootloader and reboot to the OS.
Installing a custom recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Move the SuperSU zip on your smartphone’s internal memory (root directory) then execute step 1 and then Step 3 from above guide.
- Now execute these commands
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboor reboot recovery
- Your phone will reboot to the custom recovery, just swipe to allow modifications and visit the main menu.
- Now, tap the Install button and select the SuperSU zip file from the internal memory.
- Then swipe to install the zip file, and the file will be installed in a few seconds, tap the Reboot now button after that.
- Your phone will now reboot to the OS, and you can access root directories now.
After you root the smartphone, you might not be able to use some apps which needs your phone not to be rooted like the banking apps and the antivirus apps. Other than this, there won’t be a problem on your smartphone, and you can use it as always. If you find any difficulty rooting your OnePlus 5T, then do tell us via comment section and we will be happy to help.