Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus comes with Lenovo’s own custom user interface which doesn’t only slows down the performance of the smartphone but also delays the next Android version updates. But some developers are working very hard to create a custom ROM for these smartphones so they can even get the latest features which Google adds in next version update. Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus also got this unofficial update from these developers, AICP custom ROM team ported this custom ROM for ZUK Z2 Plus and here is the step by step guide to install it on your Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus.
- Your smartphone should be rooted, and a custom recovery (TWRP recommended) should be installed. There are plenty of guides about this, tell us in the comment if you want rooting and custom recovery installation guide here on Techozilla.
- Your smartphone should be charged upto 80 percent battery before beginning the installation process.
- Create a good backup of all the essential files and folders from your smartphone to your PC, installing custom ROM might wipe all the smartphones storage.
- Custom ROM installation and rooting your device is an informal process, and it may void your smartphone’s warranty.
- Do not attempt this installation process on any other smartphone as it might damage that device.
Steps to install the Android 8.0 Oreo on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus
- Download the above files and move both of these zip files to your smartphone’s micro SD card (recommended) or internal memory.
- Reboot your smartphone to the recovery mode; you will see some options with the install, wipe or backup feature.
- Now tap the Wipe button and confirm to wipe the phone, it will revert your phone to the factory settings.
- COme back to the main menu and choose Install from the list this time, select the custom ROM zip file and confirm to begin the installation.
- The installation will take some time, do not press any button during the installation because it may damages the smartphone.
- Now, install the Google apps zip package using the Install option from the menu.
- Once the installation completes, reboot the smartphone using the Reboot Now button,”
There you go! You just now have to wait for some time, and you will see the setup screen on your smartphone. Just set up your smartphone using your Google account and you are good to go! If you fond some bug or issue in this custom ROM, then do let us know so we can resolve them and get back to you.