Xiaomi Mi A1 is the first smartphone from Xiaomi which is powered by the Google itself and comes with stock Android experience. As Xiaomi promised, the Android 8.0 Oreo update is on its way and in beta testing mode. Only the enrolled users can enjoy this Android 8.0 Oreo Beta OS, but there is a workaround to get the Android 8.0 Oreo beta update on any Mi A1.
You will get this update without losing any of your data as it is already tested by some of the users but to be on the safe side, you should keep your important data backed up. And to install the update, your smartphone should be rooted, and “Magisk” should be installed. Also, if you are using Flashfire then uninstall it before proceeding any further.
Steps to update Xiaomi Mi A1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Install Magisk if you haven’t installed by now (else skip this step).
- Download the update engine zip file and move it to your smartphone internal memory.
- Now reboot your smartphone to the recovery mode (hoping that you have TWRP recovery installed).
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache using the Wipe option.
- Now, install the update engine zip file using the Install option.
- Repeat the step #4 and reboot the smartphone to the system.
- Once the phone boots up, you will see a new app in the app drawer called UpdateEngine.
- Launch the UpdateEngine app and tap on the Start button.
- The update will now download and start installing the update.
- Once the process completes, simply reboot your smartphone.
Your smartphone might take a while to boot this time only to install the update correctly, do not press any button, just let it boot properly. Once it boots up, you can check that you are on Android 8.0 Oreo by going to Settings > About Phone. And if you have any queries about the process then share it in the comments section.
He is a geek by heart and owner of this super awesome tech website called TECHOZILLA. He operates everything here; news, how to, top 5 tech and gadget reviews.