Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is an amazing smartphone from Xiaomi at a very affordable price. The smartphone has everything perfect and up to date except for the software, it is still running the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Xiaomi delays Android version upgrade everytime, that’s why we have moved on to custom ROMs for faster Android updates.
A developer on XDA Developers has ported the Lineage OS 15.0 which is based on the Android 8.0 Oreo. It gives the smartphone a stock Android experience with no bloatware included. So if you want to upgrade your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo then here we have the step by step guide to do that.
- The custom ROM istalltion is an unofficial process and will viod your smartphone’s warranty.
- There are always some bugs in custom ROM and this one has too so install only when you know about then.
- Bugs in this custom ROM are; VoLTE and fingerprint sensor are not working.
- Download these files which you will need during te installation:
Custom ROM zip
Google Apps zip
- Your smartphone should have a custom recovery installed and has atleast 80% battery before proceeding to the steps.
- Create a backup of all your important data from your smartphone or it might get deleted during the process.
Steps to install the Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 4
- Download the files from above and move them to the smartphone’s interal memory.
- Now, reboot your smartphoe to the recovery mode using the power button and volume down combo.
- Once inside the recovery, all you have to do is wipe the data using the Wipe option.
- Once wiped all, tap on Install button and select the custom ROM zip file from the internal memory.
- Now tap on add more zip and this time select the Google apps zip file.
- Now swipe to begin the installtion process.
- Once the installtion process is done, you will see a message with a Reboot now button.
- Just tap the Reboot now button and the smartphone will reboot to the OS mode.
The first boot will take some time, approximately 10 to 15 minutes and do not press any buttom on the smartphone till you see the setup screen. Once you see the setup screen, just setup the smartphone with your Google account and you can now use your smartphone as before. If you have any query about the custom ROM installtion then you can ask us using the comment section.