Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds or PUBG is a battle royale game released on the PC last year. The concept was new, and every gamer went crazy about this game and becoming the last man standing. This game is made by Bluehole Studio and is built on the Unreal Engine 4. Everyone likes this game including me, and it took me months to become the last man standing and getting the “chicken for dinner.” Recently PUBG corporation got an idea from somewhere to release this game on Android smartphones.
Well everyone likes the idea including me and eagerly waiting for the game to launch on the smartphones. Well, the company has soft-launched the game already in some regions for testing purpose. The company is planning to release the game on other areas soon. But we all are impatient; we cannot wait for something until it is there. So we have a trick using which, you can smoothly run the PUBG on your Android smartphone. Also, don’t worry because this method of installing the game doesn’t require rooting.
What do you need?
- First, you need a smartphone which can run a decent multiplayer game; the smartphone should be running a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series processor.
- You need a fast internet because the games files are quite big, more significant than any other offline FPS games.
- You also need a data cable to move the data from PC to the smartphone.
Steps to install the PUBG on Android smartphones
- Download the PUBG apk file from here and the data from here.
- Connect your smartphone to PC via cable and access the internal memory.
- Extract the data zip file and move the folder to your smartphone’s internal memory > Android > obb, make sure that you copied the directory right the .obb file location should be like this; phone’s internal memory > Android > Obb > “extracted folder” > xxxxxxxx.obb.
- Now, move the apk to the smartphone’s internal memory.
- Disconnect your smartphone now and navigate to the apk file location and install it.
- Finally, launch the game and login via the Facebook Profile.
The PUBG mobile which you are installing was the Chinese version of the game so if you find any thing in the Chinese language then make sure to change the language in settings. There is one sad news that the iPhones might get this game a little late than the Android smartphone. But if you are interested in a battle royale game just like PUBG on your iPhone then don’t worry because the Fortnite game is coming to iOS devices soon.