Google has finally revealed the next version of Android today with the sweetest name and lest of the features; Android 9.0 Pie. The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest iteration in the Android family, and as usual, all the Pixel devices are going to get this update before everyone else. There are lots of new features in the user interface as well as in the core. So we are listing all the significant features which you should excite about. We will also tell you how you can install the update on your Pixel or Pixel 2 devices.
Android 9.0 Pie Features
Google finally noticed the smartphone manufacturers creating their own customized gesture navigations for their smartphones. Most of them did it well, most of them failed, Google came with a much more simpler solution for all the manufacturers. This navigation in Android 9.0 Pie works a lot different than what you are used to of. Google has made switching between apps easier than before, and the gestures are also simpler here.
Google has created an adaptive battery feature which learns about your apps usage and put the least used apps to sleep to save battery. This is even better than the doze mode which Google made for the Android 6.0 Marshmallow; this doesn’t sleep all the apps.
New Material Design 2
Google has launched a new Material design for the Android 9.0 Pie which Google unveiled recently on their blog and YouTube channel. The Material Design 2 comes with more elements than the previous model; Google added a new feature called Slice which is going to introduce later on in the Android 9.0 Pie.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie in Pixel and Pixel 2 smartphones
- Download the adb zip file from here and extract it on your desktop.
- Now, download the full OTA update zip package from here. Put the zip file into the adb folder which you extracted above.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Open an elevated command window and navigate to the adb folder (command: cd <adb folder location>).
- Execute the following command; adb reboot recovery.
- Your phone will reboot to recovery, select “Apply update from ADB.”
- Now, execute this command; adb sideload <OTA update file.zip>.
Your phone will reboot, and voila, your phone will be updated to the latest Android 9.0 Pie before everyone else. There are lots of more features which you have to explore like the navigation buttons will be enabled by default, you have to allow the gesture to navigation from the settings manually.