Android 9 Pie is here, and everyone wants to get it on their smartphone before others but not every manufacturer are providing the update right now. Some smartphones are old enough to get stroked off the Android 9 Pie update list like Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. This smartphone is not getting any more Android version updates, but a developer on XDA Developers has created a custom ROM for the Redmi Note 4 based on the Android 9 Pie.
This custom ROM comes with stock Android 9 Pie user interface and all the features of it. And all the smartphone feature is working correctly like the RIL, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera and more. If you find any bug in your smartphone after flashing this ROM, then do tell us in the comments. Read all the points before installing the Android 9 Pie on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Installing a custom ROM will void your smartphone’s warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your necessary data; all the data will get wiped during the installation.
- Your smartphone should have an unlocked bootloader, and a custom recovery should be installed. Install this TWRP for Treble builds to introduce the Android 9 Pie on your phone.
- Do not attempt this installation on another smartphone, it can brick the smartphone.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Download the AOSP 9.0 custom ROM from here and the Gapps from here.
- Move these two files on your smartphone’s internal memory.
- Now, reboot your smartphone to the recovery mode (install the recovery provided in the precautions.)
- Clean the system using the Wipe option in the recovery.
- Tap on Install and select the AOSP 9.0 zip file and confirm the installation.
- Reboot the smartphone to System after the installation completes.
- Once your smartphone reaches the home screen of Android 9 Pie, reboot it again to recover.
- This time does not wipe, flash the Gapps zip file using the Install option.
Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is now installed with the latest Android 9 Pie, and you also get rid of the MIUI from Xiaomi. The smartphone will run more smooth than before because of the stock user interface and also give you better battery backup because of the Adaptive battery feature of Android 9 Pie. If you find any bug or have any problem installing the custom ROM, then feel free to share your question with us in the comments.