Xiaomi smartphones always get the Android version updates at the very last, but that’s not the case this time. Xiaomi is all set for the Android 9 Pie release for the smartphones and already testing out for the Mi Mix 2S which was released this year. As always these builds were modified to work on other smartphones like Mi 3, Mi 4 and Mi 4X as well.
This time, the Xiaomi Mi 3, Mi 4 and Mi 4X users got lucky that they are getting the Android 9 Pie update before most people other than Pixel users. The smartphone will be running smoothly after this update and will come with a stock Android experience. You just need to keep the Precautions in mid before flashing this ROM on your smartphone.
- Your smartphone will lose its warranty after the custom ROM flashing.
- Create a backup of all your essential data and files software so you won’t lose them during installation.
- Your smartphone should be running the latest TWRP recovery, and you should have the basic understanding of it. Install this TWRP recovery for Android 9 Pie installation.
- Do not try to flash this custom ROM on any other Xiaomi smartphone; it will brick your smartphone.
- This is a beta version of custom ROM so it might have some bugs, make sure to report them here in the comment section so we can figure out a workaround or a possible fix.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 3, Mi4 and Mi 4X
- Download the custom ROM zip file and the Gapps zip file and move them in your smartphone.
- Reboot your smartphone to recovery and wipe the system.
- Install the custom ROM zip file using the Install option.
- Now, reboot your smartphone and set it up for the first time.
- Again reboot the smartphone to recovery and this time flash the Gapps zip file.
- Reboot your smartphone, and your smartphone will be running the latest stock Android 9 Pie.
Now your smartphone should be running the Android 9 Pie with the stock Android interface. If you face any difficulty installing the custom ROM, then you can tell us in the comments. You can also report any bug in this custom ROM here so we can tell you about the possible fix.