Xiaomi as always being late to provide the updates to its users but that is not the case from the open source developers. They are supporting the device and will keep supporting it for longer than Xiaomi itself. The new Android 9 Pie custom ROM is for the Xiaomi Mi Mix. So, get your smartphone ready for the update of the year but before that, read the precautions.
- Unlocking the bootloader or installing a custom ROM will void the smartphone’s warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your data stored in the Xiaomi Mi Mix so you won’t lose it in the installation process.
- The smartphone should be charged to at least 70 percent before proceeding to the installation steps.
- The smartphone should have an unlocked bootloader, and a custom recovery should be installed, TWRP recovery is recommended.
- The custom ROM provided here is only for the Xiaomi Mi Mix and should not be tested with other smartphones.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Download the LineageOS 16 zip file and the Gapps zip file on your PC.
- Now, move these two files to your smartphone and the reboot the Mi Mix to the recovery mode.
- Use the Wipe option to wipe the system, cache and Dalvik cache.
- After the wipe, flash the custom ROM zip file using the Install option.
- Once the custom ROM is flashed, flash the Gapps and reboot the smartphone to the system.
Once the smartphone is rebooted to the system, your job is done. Now, wait for the smartphone to boot for the first time which will take more than 10 minutes so be patient. When you see the welcome screen, you are done and now you can set up your smartphone like its new and enjoy the new features of the Android 9 Pie.