Xiaomi has released a new smartphone in flagship series with all the high-end specifications and hardware which you can find on any premiums smartphones. The Xiaomi Mi 8 is perfect smartphone except for the interface which Xiaomi uses in their smartphones; MIUI. MIUI is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo, and there is no sign on getting the Android 9 Pie update soon on any Xiaomi smartphones. So, it is better to install a custom ROM on the Xiaomi smartphone to get the best performance as well as the latest Android 9 Pie experience and features on the smartphone.
[su_pullquote align=”right”]How to Install Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge[/su_pullquote]
Here is a little step by step guide about installing a Google Pixel 2 based custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8. Before proceeding to the installation process, please read all the precautions about flashing a custom ROM.
- Flashing a custom ROM on your smartphone will void its warranty so if you are concerned about the warranty of your smartphone then do not install this custom ROM.
- Before flashing custom ROM, your smartphone should have an unlocked bootloader, and a custom recovery should be installed.
- Create a backup of all the data you have installed on your smartphone before installation, or it might get deleted.
- Your smartphone should have the battery charged up to 70 percent so it won’t shut down during the installation which could be brutal.
- Do not attempt to install this custom ROM file on any other smartphone or it might get bricked.
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8
- Download the Google Pixel 2 custom ROM on your PC and then move it to the Xiaomi Mi 8’s internal memory.
- Now, reboot your smartphone to the custom recovery. TWRP custom recover is recommended for this installation.
- Use the Wipe option to wipe the system memory and get the smartphone ready for flashing custom ROM.
- After that, use the Install option to flash the Google Pixel 2 custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 8.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot the smartphone to the system.
If you see a new boot animation after booting the smartphone to the system, then it means you have successfully installed the custom ROM on your smartphone. You will see a welcome screen; you have to setup your smartphone like before. If you have any queries then do shoot them in the comments, we will try to get back to you soon.