Google Pixel 3 XL is real now and so do the rumored deep notch on display. We don’t have any problem with the notch on screen almost every smartphone comes with this notch, but the notch on the Pixel 3 XL is humongous. There is nothing you can physically do about the notch, but there is a solution to the software level. Here we will tell you the small and simple trick to hide that notch on the Google Pixel 3 XL.
[su_pullquote align=”right”]How to Get Navigation buttons back on Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL[/su_pullquote]In this tutorial, we are going to tweak some Developer Settings so you should take more care as a wrong option in the Developers Options menu will affect your device’s performance and functioning.
Steps to hide the notch on Google Pixel 3 XL
- Go to the Settings menu and navigate to the About section.
- Search for the Build Number item in the menu and tap it seven times to enable the Developer options.
- Now, go back to the main Settings menu, and search for Developer options.
- When you get to the developer options menu, look for the “Device cutout” settings.
- Tap on that setting and select Hide option.
- Now you will see that the notch will be gone and you will see a display just like in the Google Pixel 2 XL.
- There you go!
Now, you have to hide the notch on the Pixel 3 XL but it also takes away a big chunk of the display as well, but it feels a bit comfortable and satisfactory to be it in this way. There are a lot of third-party apps which variously does the same thing like they match the rounded corners on the top as well and some apps come with an option where the status bar icons stay on the black part oft he notch and won’t bother you again.