If you own a Xiaomi Mi 8 or a Poco F1 smartphone and running an Android 9 Pie based custom ROM on it, then you are in luck. Today we are going to tell you how you can get the “Night Sight” feature from Google Pixel 3 on your smartphone. This is all possible because of a developer on 4PDA Forums. It is a Google Camera app ported from Google Pixel 3 to work on any other smartphone running the Android 9 Pie. This app may also work on other Android smartphone running the official Android 9 Pie or a custom ROM based on it; you can give it a shot. But before that read the precautions.
- This is an unofficial port fo the Google Camera app from Google Pixel 3. So do not rely on it all the time because it can crash or show some bad behavior.
- The app is only supported for smartphones running the Android 9 Pie. Itwon’t work on any smartphone running Android version other than this.
- Since Xiaomi hasn’t officially released Android 9 Pie update for both smartphones, you need to install an Android 9 Pie based custom ROM on it to make it work. This will void your smartphone’s warranty.
- If you want to keep the warranty, then wait for Xiaomi to release the update on your Xiaomi Mi 8 or Poco F1 and then you will be able to install this apk without aby problem or losing the warranty.
Steps to Install Night Sight Feature on Mi 8 and Poco F1
- Download the Google Camera apk and save it on your phone.
- Open any File Explorer app and navigate to the location where the Google Camera app is saved.
- Install the apk like any other apk which you install on your smartphone.
- Once installed, you will see a Google Camera icon in the app drawer.
- Launch the Google Camera app and swipe rightmost to get to the Mode menu and select the Night Sight feature.
There you go, you can now use the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL exclusive Night Sight Feature on your Xiaomi Mi 8 or Poco F1. There could be some hiccups in the app so do not rely on this app all the time.