Xiaomi Redmi 5A got its last update as MIUI 9.5 which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Being the previous year’s device, Xiaomi released another version update to this phone. The MIUI 10 Global version is available to download and install on your Xiaomi Redmi 5A. This is an official version from Xiaomi and not a custom ROM, so you are not going to lose the warranty of the device. This is a beta version so it might have some hiccups, but it will be smoother for a day to day usage.
You have to download the update file and update the smartphone manually using this file. To install this update, follow the step by step guide provided below. This update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, so you will be getting all the features from this version including the PIP mode which is one of the main features of this version.
- This is a beta version of MIUI 10 for Xiaomi Redmi 5A so it might have some random freeze or crashes.
- Before proceeding to the updating process, charge your device to at least 80 percent or more.
- Make sure to create a backup of all your relevant data somewhere just in case.
- Do not try to update any other Xiaomi smartphone to MIUI 10 using this zip file provided here.
Steps to Update Xiaomi Redmi 5A to MUI 10
- Download the MIUI 10 update zip package and move it to your smartphone’s system memory.
- Now, open Settings > About > System Updates then tap the three dot button in the top right corner and select “choose update package.”
- Select the update zip file moved to the phone and confirm.
- The phone will verify the update package and begin the installation after a movement.
- Once the installation is done, the smartphone will reboot to finalize the installation.
- Once rebooted, you got the latest MIUI 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo on your Redmi 5A.
The first boot might take some to finalize the installation so do not panic and wait for about 10 minutes to boot up. The smartphone will generally run as before, the data will also be intact and will stay where you left it. If you lost any of your essential files during installation, then you can get it from the backup you created some steps ago. For more guides like this follow us on social media pages.