Asus Zenfone 5Z is the most fantastic smartphone which comes with almost everything you need on a smartphone. The Zenfone 5Z got a beautiful glass back design and a powerful Snapdragon 845 processor paired with 6GB of RAM. But the smartphone is still getting shipped with the Android 8.0 Oreo installed with Zen UI 5. Recently Asus has released the Android 9 Pie update to the Asus Zenfone 5 and promised the same for Zenfone 5Z later in Jan 2019.
If you own a Zenfone 5Z and cannot wait for the official update from Asus to roll out then here is a little step by step guide to install the Android 9 Pie update right now.
- The update is an official one, but it will only support the Zenfone 5Z with model number ZS620KL so do not try to install it on another model number.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 70 percent or keep it connected to the charging during the whole update process.
- If you find these instructions hard to understand then do not attempt. By the way, the official update is coming in January 2019 so do not risk your device.
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Asus Zenfone 5Z
- First, download the Android 9 Pie update zip file and rename it to “UL-Z01R-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip” on your PC.
- Move it to your smartphone and keep it into the root directory of the smartphone’s internal memory.
- Now, reboot your smartphone, and an update notification will pop up.
- Tap the notifications and start the installation process.
- After installation, your phone will reboot into the new firmware.
After reboot, the smartphone will take about 10 minutes to reach the lock screen so do not panic. But if your phone take more than 15 minutes then it is time to panic. In that case, check if you have done something wrong or read the precautions.