Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is the third generation in the three sides bezel-less smartphone. This time Xiaomi found a way to minimize the fourth bezel and make the smartphone looks like completely bezel-less. The smartphone released recently and Xiaomi haven’t released it with the latest Android 9 Pie update out of the box.
Finally, Xiaomi released the Global stable MIUI 10 ROM based on Android 9 Pie which you can install on your Mi Mix 3.
- The update file size is more than a gigabyte so make sure you download it over Wi-Fi.
- Also, your phone should be connected to the internet during the whole update process.
- Create a backup of all essential files or pictures you have on your Mi Mix 3.
- Make sure that your smartphone will be charged to at least 70 percent battery before applying the update.
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
- Download the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM zip file and move it to your Mi Mix 3’s internal memory.
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone > System Update.
- Tap the three dop menu from the top right corner and select “Select Update package” option.
- Select the MIUI 10 Global Stable zip file downloaded before.
- The updater will verify the update zip file, and soon the installation will begin. Make sure your phone is connected to the internet for verification of the update file.
- After the installation is done, your phone will restart and will finalize the update.
The smartphone will take about 15 minutes to boot for the first time after the update so give it a little time. If it takes more time then force reboot the smartphone and it will sure boot to the previous version from where you can try again to install the update.