Xiaomi finally is pushing the Android 9 Pie updates to its smartphones; it started with the flagship smartphone Mi Mix 2s. Now Xiaomi is releasing it for the budget and mid-range smartphones as well. Recently Xiaomi began to the Android 9 Pie beta testing for the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. Xiaomi is testing an Android 9 Pie version of the MIUI 10 for the Redmi 6 Pro, and you can easily install it on your phone as well.
The installation process is straightforward and you don’t even have to have a PC handy for this installation. This is a beta version of the app so expect some random crashes from this firmware and read the precautions.
- Make sure that you create a backup of all important that stored on your phone before starting the update process.
- Your phone should have unlocked the bootloader, and TWRP custom recovery should be installed.
- Make sure that your phone should be charged to at least 70 percent to get through the installation process.
- Do not try to install this update package to any other Xiaomi smartphone.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Redmi 6 Pro
- Download the MIUI 10 closed beta based on Android 9 Pie for Redmi 6 Pro.
- Now, move the zip file on your smartphone in the root directory.
- Reboot your smartphone to the TWRP recovery mode.
- Use the Wipe option in recovery to wipe, and factory reset the smartphone.
- Finally, use the Install option to flash the custom ROM on your phone.
- Then, reboot the smartphone to the system and wait for the smartphone to reboot.
There you go, you have successfully installed the Android 9 Pie based MIUI 10 on your smartphone. The smartphone will take some time to boot for the first time after installation. If you stuck at some point, tell us in the comments to know more about it. To know more about this type of update processes, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.